Sunday, April 22, 2007

Wool is cool!

I got a crazy urge to get started after seeing all those wonderful cutie soakers and shorties out there, and knowing wool is completely natural, breathable, antibacterial, can hold 30% of it's weight in moisture without feeling clammy, and surprisingly, it's even known to be cool in summer and warm in winter. And of course, a handknitted soaker just looks too darn cute on baby’s bum!!

This first one here is done a week ago, but then it got accidentally felted by my helper and shrunk by 20% lengthwise and 10% in width before I had a chance to do my FO shot. It still fits her though but a bit too snugly for night-time.


So I went on to knit another one this week... in the largest size and longer as well. The yarn are leftovers from this, and the Curly Purly pattern is simply the best!!!!!!!

I'm now working on the third pair with some Cascade 220 from Krista last year... hopefully I'll have enough yarn to make a pair of shorties this time.... and I also found some Peace Fleece in stash that might work as well.... Oh, and don't these colors fall just perfectly in line with project spectrum?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is just too cute! How much yarn does the largest size use? I still have some Cascade 220...

opportunityknits said...

The one with the fold down waitsband is so cute!

Sue said...

Oh how adorable they look. Wish I had knit some of those when mine were little too.

Peggy said...

It's so cute!!